How rude

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's really rude how people treat you when the use a robo call to contact you. I got a call this afternoon from a number I didn't know, thought it could be a possible reply to a job application & answered. The cheesey intro started going on about my expiring vehicle warranty & feeling the need to mess with them I connected to a rep. "Hello & good day! Could you please give me the year, make, & model of your car." So I politely told her it's a 1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Then she came back like a royal b!tc# & said "Really a car that old? You know it's almost 2019 for c#!st sakes!" Then my inner a$$hole jumped in telling well I do own it & f@#k you! & hung up. Really you hide behind a fake local number to sell a bull s#!t service & treat me like s#!t cause I didn't say my '14 Silverado. But on a good note she did speak good & clear English.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
If it’s a number I don’t recognize, 9 times out of 10 I don’t pick up. Unless I’m expecting a call, and it’s from that area code, like when I got a call the other day from Inline Tube. I figure if it’s important enough, they’ll leave a message.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
The amount of calls for an extended warranty on your vehicle are getting obnoxious! They actually sent a letter in the mail.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If they're calling about your warranty expiring, they should know wtf kind of car you drive. Been getting that spam in the mail and on the phone for years for cars we traded in just as long ago.
My trick is to just not say anything when I pick up the phone. They'll usually hang up. Either that or give'm a big, ghetto "WHO DIS?!?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Just tell 'em you're an investigator, investigating the untimely death of the occupant.
If they don't hang right up, ask them their whereabouts for the last 48 hours, how did you get this #, how did you know the deceased, etc.
They usually don't call back when I use that one.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
If I don't recognize the number I don't pick it up. Like previously said, if it's important they will leave a voice mail

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
Just tell 'em you're an investigator, investigating the untimely death of the occupant.
If they don't hang right up, ask them their whereabouts for the last 48 hours, how did you get this #, how did you know the deceased, etc.
They usually don't call back when I use that one.

This is what I do when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
This is what I do when Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door.
Those bastards (2 of my cousins converted- still don't know why).
"Is that the wife swapping religion?" "Is your ol' lady hot?" "Can I have sex with her?"
Or, "Sorry, I don't believe in cults."

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Those bastards (2 of my cousins converted- still don't know why).
"Is that the wife swapping religion?" "Is your ol' lady hot?" "Can I have sex with her?"
Or, "Sorry, I don't believe in cults."

• Haha

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
I once answered the door in my underwear and they stop that entire summer! These days I just let my two 80 lbs dogs greet them at the fence line!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor