How To Be A Successful Poster on GBF

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
I think a couple of things that should be added is based on attitude, like checking the bad attitude at the door and having an arrogant mannerism.

If you're having a bad day, time, whatever, it may be best not to post anything. If you're pissed 9 out of 10 your going to post that way and it will come out in the words / language you use. So before coming on, take a 5 ~ 10 minute breather (hard to do with kids), calm down then log on. If you still have the bad attitude don't post, come back another day.

If you're pompus, think you know everything about G-bodies or cars in general, it's not going to gain you or anyone here anything. Most people here want to learn about their car, other cars, what works/ doesn't or just hang out. Nothing messes this up more than someone who comes off as a know-it-all, better than everyone else. A lot of the folks look to the knowledgeable people on this forum are our encyclopedias and the majority of us appreciate the experience, because as some said before, everything ain't in the book, and God help you when the book is wrong. But acting as though others aren't worthy of you because you know more is bad all around.

I think this also ties into people thinking they're "better" than someone else because they've owned more vehicles, spent more money, have better paint, yada-yada-yada. I mean, even those who may have what are POS's, even admitting they're a POS, it's still their pride & joy. Again, one person's trash is another's treasure, and degrading someone for it shouldn't have a place here.

Again, check the attitude and stuck-upidness (is that a word :? ) and it should make the forum better.

Moderators, can we (or do we) have a thread like this in the Buy/Sale section? There's been more than a few happenings over there where something like this would help.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
One thing I've seen online is when someone writes a long post and/or posts photos, and someone replies by hitting the quote option and you end up with duplicates of the exact same paragraph/photos and all they say is "I agree" or some such thing.
Simply post your opinion without duplicating the op and wasting bandwidth.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Is it just me or is the size of someones signature at the bottom of their posts getting out of hand ?

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
momma always said if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut. i was on a topic the other day and could'nt believe what i was reading.it's a shame what some people will post and argue about on this site. i do'nt mean to offend anyone at all, violence is always my last resort.i am a machine shop supervisor and deal with problems sometimes all day long and still keep my cool, its better to ask someone for help or to do something in a nice mannor rather than demand it.if i have a problem on this site with something someone posted and do'nt agree totally with it i'm not gonna post a cursing rant,i just ignor it, unlike what i read the other day.we need to treat others as we want to be treated the world would be a lot better place to live in if everyone lived their lives as such. this is a hobby site not a rant site.i love to tinker on my prodject cars and trucks, find out money saving information and look at the work of others create. if i like someones ride i may comment on it, but, if i do'nt or can't help someone i simply do not post anything in respect for me and the other party,Jon

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I didn't include that on purpose. This forum deals with cars that have been around since the late 1970's, and as such there are a limited number of questions you can ask about them. Forums exist to answer questions, not scare off noobs with a thousand "SEARCH!!!" Nazis beating them down.

Amen brother. This is the only forum i use anymore because their are thousands of Nazis out there, being pricks. People here are all laid back and 8)

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Here's another important one:

If you indulge in more than a few late-night adult beverages, it would behoove you to check your drunk posts the next day to see if you made an *ss of yourself or offended anyone. :lol:

• Useful
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
G-Body_Vet said:

If you indulge in more than a few late-night adult beverages, it would behoove you to check your drunk posts the next day to see if you made an *ss of yourself or offended anyone. :lol:
Reminds me of the other night. I didnt make an *ss out of myself though! :mrgreen:

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
G-Body_Vet said:

lol, guilty :oops: :lol:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i think its been long enough that this could use a bump...
:bump:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor