How to find original info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Ok I'm trying to put my 80 regal back to stock and to figure out what options it had from the factory. I know theres a service/web site that offers you a build sheet/invoice for $50 but they only go back to 1982.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to look or who to talk to?

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Krause Standard catalog gives information on options available for most model years, but won't tell you what your particular car left the showroom with. Some options were factory fitted, others a dealer installed options.

If you want I'll look up my Catalog and tell you what I find.

Roger.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
You can often find a build sheet behind the rear seat upper or lower piece, can't remember which one at the moment. I've also found them above the headliner.
You may also find an RPO sticker inside the trunk lid.
There may be other places as well, just summing my experience with 81-86 Cutlasses, your car may be different given the year and model.

robhowardiii

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2012
I have also found build sheets in door pannels.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
They didn't start putting the RPO labels under the trunk lid until 1984.
You'll have to cross your fingers that you can not only find the build sheet, but that it's even legible or intact...
The main sheet is usually under the rear seat cushion. They are also frequently found above the headliner, under the carpet, or even the front seat cushions. Additional sheets can often be found behind the door panels, on top of the gas tank, and even under the hood insulation. These are more 'area specific' and only contain info pertaining to that area of the car.
GM of Canada kept much better records, so you should be able to get the info from then if need be.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Thanks for the info guys, was not looking to rip apart the car looking for it but at least theres hope it exists and I might not be SOL. Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor