How To G-Body Kill Switch Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic gbody

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2012
Under The Hood
Hey guys.

I am very familiar with cars being stolen from me. My 83 Cutlass Cruiser Wagon was stolen from me and after that I installed kill switches in ALL of my G-Bodies and my C10 Truck. This year I ended up making a How-To video on how to install one in an older GM car.

Here is the video. Maybe this can be a sticky??

[youtube]1WnPey_5Trc[/youtube]

Pics of my 79 Calais with broken column and my stereo plug kill switch that saved it.

pics076uf5.jpg

picture193qj2.jpg

My 83 C10 they tried to take and again the kill switch saved it. They broke BOTH vent windows!

dsc018269no.jpg

dsc018295cr.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
great post ... I'm so doing this with the amp plug, love the idea.

rojitas

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 27, 2012
Queens New York
yeah i also did that amp plug kill switch but i put it with a relay just to be safe and just make sure u get a mono plug

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
rojitas said:
yeah i also did that amp plug kill switch but i put it with a relay just to be safe and just make sure u get a mono plug

lol ya that would be my mistake, getting a stereo one and wondering why the car wont start. Was thinking of getting one of those key chains with the quick release. Put the keys on one end the mono plug on the other, plug the switch, start the car then reattach the key chain parts.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
You can run a grounded wire with a hidden switch or plug to the tach terminal on the HEI cap.
It kills the ignition module and you won't have to worry about a live 12 volt wire or switch burning up.
You can get the proper terminal end at most auto parts stores so it will look factory installed.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,641
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,314

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
Thank you for your comprehensive video on kill switches. Very good information. I also have a column lock that I've used everyday when I lived in NYC. It was certainly a deterrent if nothing else. But they're known to be effective.

Kudos to you, my friend.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I did a search for the plug and socket on Ebay and came up with a ton of different adapter plugs. Which mono one is to be used? Thanks and good write up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor