how to get clean,simple affective audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

somethin_random

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 8, 2012
LSCustoms said:
somethin_random said:
Hey LSCustoms... I was wondering if you could help me as well. I'm looking to get a nice clean sound system also.

Thanks, Sorry for all the questions - any help is apprciated
Of course i dont mind helping you to the best of my ability... and will do so, let me think on this after doing some more welding in the garage, trying to finish up a project, ill send you a pm, with some advice...

thanks I have it figured out now...

what are you doing to make an 8'' sound like a 12'' sub?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
somethin_random said:
LSCustoms said:
somethin_random said:
Hey LSCustoms... I was wondering if you could help me as well. I'm looking to get a nice clean sound system also.

Thanks, Sorry for all the questions - any help is apprciated
Of course i dont mind helping you to the best of my ability... and will do so, let me think on this after doing some more welding in the garage, trying to finish up a project, ill send you a pm, with some advice...

thanks I have it figured out now...

what are you doing to make an 8'' sound like a 12'' sub?
its very difficult to explain (as there is a rhyme and reason to the box design), however an 8" will not sound like a 12" in a similar/properly made box with the correct amount of power, etc. i have made boxes for 6.5s, 8s, 10s, that people could not easily guess/assume what size the sub was, most of them thought it was a much larger sub...

I have done different types of boxes and used as small as the 6.5 jl subs, and they can sound amazing for such a small woofer

this is not me, but for example
[youtube]u8yArcObFZI[/youtube]

I am working on a box for an 8" kicker and it will have a similar effect

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
basically a "t-line" or "horn" designed box could do wonders with a small sub, trust me... 6.5 to 8" sub

it is not a typical ported box and i have done several of them that have produced the same/similar results

ATLMonte88

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2012
ATL, Georgia
in refrence to the "tline or horn" style box. be careful with those, your measurements and design have to be next to perfect.. they sound amazing, when built rite. build it wrong and you will be replacing a damaged speaker in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor