how to get really low

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaMC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2006
Tacoma, Washington
i have noticed that you can lay frame on 13" wires. how hard would it be to do the same on 20"s. i more wonder about the front cause a bridge and a notch in the rear would work. S10's do it all day long and the monte has similar front suspension. I wonder if the fenders are big enough. I only wonder because I want big rims but think lifted cars are stupid.

low_blazer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
They're almost I dentical to S-10's up front. Don't be fooled by s-10's laying out though, it's still alot of work. For the 'bu, alot of the same things will still apply. Drop spindles, either tubular or re-worked upper and lower control arms. If you work with factory control arms, the uppers will need the ball joint re-angled as they will bind before you lay out. The lowers will need the hump removed on either side of the spring pocket in the control arm. The inner fenders will need to go, you'll need to move the brake booster as most 20x8's will hit the master cylinder. You should be able to get away without tubbing the firewall, as the front of the Malibu has a bit more room to work with than an S-10....

Think that's about it..lol.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Hee hee. Yeah, he said it.

Check out www.crazytalkcustoms.com

This guy does some really good work, and hes bagged 2 Monte SS and a G body Camino.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Sort of. Indeed, Nic and CTC was at that show, along with my Down2Earth club members and pals in TwistedKoncepts. Sadly, I was in Mankato at school that weekend. :(

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
i blew my motor up at that show during the sound comp i have no tach and reved it too high oh well now there is a 71 lt1 in there and its fast as hell loud too i took 3rd place overall in the spl 2nd was the $100,000 tahoe from soundwaves and 1st was the older tahoe from mach 1 im comig back for 1st next year with 8 12s in my regal

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Dang man thats serious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor