How to remove windshield and back glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone pointed this out or if you did already. Molding pops off and you will probably break clips underneath...I did my first time. If I remember correctly you just push down or up on the molding and one side should pop out, once you get one off the rest will be easy.

I just removed the rear glass and I had a windshield removal tool like the one in Blake's post but that didn't work too well. I used a razor knife like oldsmoletic posted. If you have the rear defogger you need to take care you don't cut though it on the sides of the window. If you do it's easy enough to repair it tho...

The other option is to find out what it would cost to have a mobile glass guy to remove the windows....

pontiacgp said:
The other option is to find out what it would cost to have a mobile glass guy to remove the windows....

I thought about that but really, whatever the cost it will be more than I would want to pay just to have glass removed from a parts car.

Like I said, I don't really want to break the glass on purpose, but if it breaks while I'm trying to remove it the "right" way, then I can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor