How to use most any 3.5" speaker in your dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggWeez

n00b
Jul 27, 2015
Southwest Michigan
Hello all. New member long time lurker. Came across an easy way to "solve" this old problem. After 5 yrs of looking at my speaker grills sitting a 1/2" above the dash resting on my Polk db351 3-1/2" speakers dome tweeter I decided to work out a fix.

It was easy just get yourself some flexible "bracket material" like this
image.jpg

And 2 8/32x1/2" machine screws and lock nuts. And make a small bracket for the outside flanges so that you can mount the outside flange under the dash pad and the inner flange normally. This will tilt the speaker just enough so the grills can be attached properly. So everything looks stock with no cutting or sacrificing. Hard to word but this is the end result. I hope the pics can explain better than myself. Good luck!
image.jpg
image.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

BiggWeez

n00b
Jul 27, 2015
Southwest Michigan
Nice tip! Nice dash - a survivor!

Yeah only a few small cracks from the idiot installer who got the grills out 5 years ago. Took it to a shop cuz I didn't have trim tools and they put a few small cracks by the grills I was MAD. But it's still cleaner than 95% of others I see.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
That's a good tip. My speakers are actually bulged up slightly, but I'm not going to pull the dash to redo them. It's a Pontiac dash...no external grilles.

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
I know, I wish we had external speaker grilles for the corner mounts. I do have one for the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor