How would you go about restoring a center console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
Thanks a lot. :D I've only got like 5 inches across and 6 inches diagonally for cup holder room so I think if I had to fit two the largest I could go for would be 2.5. I found some stainless cup holders on Amazon like you said..they are 2.25 but I need to figure out if thats going to be too small, that's beer bottle size.

Looking forward to pics of your set-up.

youngdeezy

G-Body Guru
Jan 4, 2007
cali
Hey chillin i only used some glue to attach the broken parts together then reinforced everything with the 2 part epoxy like i did on the 1st console i fixed. basically the way i did it this time came out just as good as the last for the most part and is just as strong. trust me if i didnt think it would work well i never would have done it that way. i did get a little lazy after i shot it with some primer, i saw a few little small areas thats needed sanding and what not but i didnt fix them. this is just a quick flip for craiglist and someone will be really happy with it. i just wanted to fix it up some before i sold it. must guys just sale a old *ss dirty broken console and be like here you deal with it and still try to charge a good $60 to $100 heres 1 shot of it from my cell phone and vnow its all black. wife took the digi cam today some maybe later on i can post a few better pics of it.

1-14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor