Hub bearing spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
Rt Jam
Don’t lump gun drilled axles as rainbow chasing. They aren’t gun drilled for a weight savings, but that is an added benefit.
If it isn't for weight savings, what is it for?

And I will not accept "reduced rotating mass" as that is covered by weight savings, even if it is of considerably more benefit than traditional weight savings.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Less shock load prone failure. A tube will absorb more twist prior to fracture than a rod. And I don't believe this a 'boutique' type sales pitch to convince someone to buy their product.

If you disagree then that OK, but I'll say that I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I have zero opinion on gun drilled axles. The cost makes this something I will never pursue in my level of play. A tube vs rod may be true in some applications. I am a big fan of weight savings but this are things I've read on Mark Williams and Strange's website.

According to the 2 leading axle manufacturers. Gun drilling, in the same size axle, does not make it stronger. On their website, it shows a lower torque rating in the same diameter. So I see this ONLY as a benefit if you are restricted to a particular size, need to save weight and are willing to spend and the finished product will still be strong enough. The rest of us will just get a bigger diameter axle shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor