Hunting season 2021

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well figured I'd start a new thread for this year.

I don't have a particular buck I'm after, right now I'd be happy to just see one. Had a nice 8pt at 55yards mid October, but too far out for my compound bow. Buddies daughter shot it the next day with a 20 gauge on the NY youth hunt weekend.

This guy popped up on one of my trail cameras, but doubt I'll here see him again. He was cruising for doe and probably just passing thru.

received_302892148348547.jpeg

In other news I had to go to Texas over the weekend for a friend's, daughter's wedding. Thought I'd grab some ammo for my shotgun while I was there since you can't find it here. No such luck. They had everything else though, unlike up here in NY 😞

20211106_103816.jpg

If someone wanted to help a guy out, I need 12 gauge sabots. Can't find them anywhere. As many boxes as you can get because unless it's the same one I currently shoot, I'll need to sight in again. This is what I've been using.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Have not hunted yet as loggers have been doing their thing. Invited on 2 bird shoots but were canceled as no birds. Ammo in area loosening up but hang on to wallet

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Have not hunted yet as loggers have been doing their thing. Invited on 2 bird shoots but were canceled as no birds. Ammo in area loosening up but hang on to wallet
In their infinite wisdom I can remember when MA was scheduling archery deer and turkey at the same time, you'd get ignorant types that shoot at motion walking the woods.... used to joke it was a battle of attrition to see whether turkey or deer hunters would have a season the next year.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Pa has had concurrent archery deer and turkey in the fall for a while. They've changed the orange requirements for archery hunters so they no longer have to wear orange at all.

I'm more concerned in the spring when birds are more vocal. See a lot of run and gun types then.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Pa has had concurrent archery deer and turkey in the fall for a while. They've changed the orange requirements for archery hunters so they no longer have to wear orange at all.

I'm more concerned in the spring when birds are more vocal. See a lot of run and gun types then.
Safety's sake just meant stopping going on public grounds in the mid 1990s. Not sure how it improved or worsened since then.

But I can remember one time when we had a small group of turkeys (maybe just under dozen bird or so) scratching and going in the trees nearby. I was on a small bluff but ground level giving an overlook to a trail below, in the only passable saddle to cross up the ridge for a good 3/4 mile either direction, where there were some rubs and a scrape. Problem was. If anyone aimed at a turkey trajectory continued to... well, me. But, you chase those noisy critters off and you're going to spook anything nearby. If that wouldn't make you nervous...

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I had passed on a yearling the first day out and I regretted it until I got this big doe today. I had about 30 hours in the tree stand and I was getting tired of it. Was taking up too much of my time. Got this girl on the way out of the park this morning point blank at 15 yds with a cheap broadhead. She didn't get 50 ft. Thank you Lord for her swift passing. Urban deer hunting is funny... if you stalk around, you alert them. Hike out of the park, talking to yourself, and they just look at you broadside, like you're one of the half dozen hikers they see any given day. I gave her an hour and spooked a group on my way to find her through the blackberry thicket. They were saying last rites I guess.

Attachments

• 20211113_081616.jpg
    20211113_081616.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 20211113_070611.jpg
    20211113_070611.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I had passed on a yearling the first day out and I regretted it until I got this big doe today. I had about 30 hours in the tree stand and I was getting tired of it. Was taking up too much of my time. Got this girl on the way out of the park this morning point blank at 15 yds. She didn't get 50 ft. Thank you Lord for her swift passing. Urban deer hunting is funny... if you stalk around, you alert them. Hike out of the park, talking to yourself, and they just look at you broadside, like you're one of the half dozen hikers they see any given day.
One for the freezer! Congrats!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Alright, now he's just screwing with me. Ugh

received_204690531716094.jpeg

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Had a great morning with the wife and father inlaw. Darilyn and myself pulled off a 800+ yard stalk and managed to get both bucks.

Just before leaving for another property we spotted 2 more bucks and had the father inlaw and my wife make a play one them. I was over watch on the top of the hill and directed Darilyn to where the deer were bedded down in the willows. She pushed them right to her dad where he made an easy 80 yard shot.

First day of hunting on our holidays and we all are tagged out on white tail. Just a cougar tag left. Hopefully we can help a family friend and get rid of some of these cats on her property.

Attachments

• 20211117_120116.jpg
    20211117_120116.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • received_408660477408727.jpeg
    received_408660477408727.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I had passed on a yearling the first day out and I regretted it until I got this big doe today. I had about 30 hours in the tree stand and I was getting tired of it. Was taking up too much of my time. Got this girl on the way out of the park this morning point blank at 15 yds with a cheap broadhead. She didn't get 50 ft. Thank you Lord for her swift passing. Urban deer hunting is funny... if you stalk around, you alert them. Hike out of the park, talking to yourself, and they just look at you broadside, like you're one of the half dozen hikers they see any given day. I gave her an hour and spooked a group on my way to find her through the blackberry thicket. They were saying last rites I guess.
Nice shot. Right in the zone

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor