Hunting season 2022

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
'Bout to steer this topic afield, slightly.

Now take the theories you use to lure bucks into a kill zone - slow drip on a mock scrape and/or rub of a competitor, doe lure during the rut...

OK.

Is there any reason that the same principles cannot be used with predator pheromones/urine to keep deer AWAY from an area aside from risk of actually luring said predator type inwards?

It's time for the seedlings to get in the ground. But, don't have the fence even started yet, need the surveyor to get me R-O-W and drainage easement particulars before we can break ground.

I don't place a ton of stock in the 'most' deer hate xyz associated planting nearby, or the keep-away sprays, certainly not enough to have my garden set back because of them coming through.

Thoughts? I don't mind setting up half a dozen scent bags around a perimeter on trees to make sure they stay out.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Coyote urine has worked for me before. They sell it in pelletized form just for this purpose.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
No side effects to the coyote p*ss such as attracting real coyotes? What about Wolf instead?

Nick

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
None that I have seen. Keeps other animals away too. Like bunnies which love to munch on buds and greens.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
2023.... after staying up until 3AM on a work night processing this big doe, I think I'm done for the season. Good parts became maybe 40lb of burger... the rest chopped up for doggo. Taken at 50 yds with crossbow. Ran 30 yards across a field and crashed. Never had it so easy.

Attachments

• 20231009_184325.jpg
    20231009_184325.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Just forty pounds of useable meat from your kill? How come so little? Young doe or???

Nick

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Just forty pounds of useable meat from your kill? How come so little? Young doe or???

Nick
I just ground the hind parts, inner/outer back straps for myself; 40lb is an estimate. I chunked the front parts (shoulder, legs), brisket, liver, heart, spleen, rib meat for the dog; that might be another 40 lbs estimate. It is actually a lot of meat. It was late at night, and an older animal, so it all went to burger. The sinew for the dog. My eyeballs might not be calibrated properly, but the deer was every bit of 100lb field-dressed based on my difficulty hoisting it. lol

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Looks like they are starting to get curious here in western pa.

IMAG0148.jpg

Just need him to start visiting during daylight.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I just ground the hind parts, inner/outer back straps for myself; 40lb is an estimate. I chunked the front parts (shoulder, legs), brisket, liver, heart, spleen, rib meat for the dog; that might be another 40 lbs estimate. It is actually a lot of meat. It was late at night, and an older animal, so it all went to burger. The sinew for the dog. My eyeballs might not be calibrated properly, but the deer was every bit of 100lb field-dressed based on my difficulty hoisting it. lol
Thanks for keeping the dog in mind. All that stuff is good for them.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor