Hurricane Ian

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
It is bad for sure. Way more flooding then was anticipated which is bad as few people in Florida have flood insurance. Surprisingly we have only gotten about 15 percent of what we expected in claims so far. Don't rag on the insurance companies to bad. I see what we pay and it is staggering. The problem in Florida is the fraud and people gaming the system. I know everyone has a story but what policy do they have? Did they previously get paid for a roof and didn't replace it and expect the insurer to pay again?
all insurance is is a calculated gamble (regulated legalized gambling) that is paid off at odds calculated by the house (aka insurance company), and the house determines the size of the required bet (aka premium).
the homeowner needs to supply proof of replacement, and if the insurance company is not checking to see if the roof was replaced last time, then that's on them.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The Vette is fixable, I've seen worse.

Cosmetic maybe, the salt water got to everything else. That's what you're not seeing, the water moved it there.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Cosmetic maybe, the salt water got to everything else. That's what you're not seeing, the water moved it there.
This Vette is NOT a computer on wheels! Its all mechanical and those things that are electronic are switches that are not expensive. Vettes get totally rebuilt all the time.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm willing to bet the water damage is more than it seems.. salt water.

Short duration of exposure though, for an old dumb car shouldn't be the end of the world if they get it cleaned up sooner than later. It has to come apart completely though. Gotta love the spontaneously combusting Teslas.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Short duration of exposure though, for an old dumb car shouldn't be the end of the world if they get it cleaned up sooner than later. It has to come apart completely though. Gotta love the spontaneously combusting Teslas.
Yup those popping are entertaining.

I'm leaning towards the later, house will get done first over a car.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
all insurance is is a calculated gamble (regulated legalized gambling) that is paid off at odds calculated by the house (aka insurance company), and the house determines the size of the required bet (aka premium).
the homeowner needs to supply proof of replacement, and if the insurance company is not checking to see if the roof was replaced last time, then that's on them.
I agree. I have paid for several roofs that the underwriting was poorly or not done. I refer to that as our stupid tax. Carriers, especially in Florida have really tightened up on underwriting and many will not insure the risk if the roof is over 10 or 12 years old. I don't know if you saw this but Florida has 9% of all the homeowner claim in the 50 states, but they have 79% of the lawsuits.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I agree. I have paid for several roofs that the underwriting was poorly or not done. I refer to that as our stupid tax. Carriers, especially in Florida have really tightened up on underwriting and many will not insure the risk if the roof is over 10 or 12 years old. I don't know if you saw this but Florida has 9% of all the homeowner claim in the 50 states, but they have 79% of the lawsuits.
what happens if you remove DJT and send him back to New York? how do those numbers work out then? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor