Hurricane Ian

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I agree. I have paid for several roofs that the underwriting was poorly or not done. I refer to that as our stupid tax. Carriers, especially in Florida have really tightened up on underwriting and many will not insure the risk if the roof is over 10 or 12 years old. I don't know if you saw this but Florida has 9% of all the homeowner claim in the 50 states, but they have 79% of the lawsuits.
Fraud, shrinkage, theft, lying, deception, etc. have become the new American way unfortunately. In many places these are considered 'good business' practices. It's disheartening to see how we have a changed as a society to accommodate these.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
I just want to wish all our Florida members all the best in encountering the imminent hurricane. Be safe out there guys.
We are almost done with the hurricane clean-up. My wife, Stepson and I cleaned up a huge oak tree that fell over in the front yard. It missed the house by 4 ft., but the branches covered half the yard. The 83 Cutlass has been on hold for the last 6 weeks due to all the normal maintenance I changed the oil on the generator today as it ran for 5 plus days without stopping. Does anybody have a eL80 transmission that they put in as a conversion? I modified the 3 speed B&M shifter to a 4 speed, but I can't seem to get it to go into first gear. Does the electronic part have to be activated?

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
We are almost done with the hurricane clean-up. My wife, Stepson and I cleaned up a huge oak tree that fell over in the front yard. It missed the house by 4 ft., but the branches covered half the yard. The 83 Cutlass has been on hold for the last 6 weeks due to all the normal maintenance I changed the oil on the generator today as it ran for 5 plus days without stopping. Does anybody have a eL80 transmission that they put in as a conversion? I modified the 3 speed B&M shifter to a 4 speed, but I can't seem to get it to go into first gear. Does the electronic part have to be activated?
Sounds like you fared better than some we've seen.

You mean 4L80E Transmission?

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Glad to hear you are doing OK. If you file an insurance claim be careful what you sign

• Useful
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm glad to hear that you have things under control. Large oaks can cause massive damage. I guess it could've been a lot worse.
As for your shifter question. I'm thinking that you may have to notch out the detent on the shifter to accommodate the 1st gear position.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If he's mentioning if the electronics have to be activated, a 4L80E needs 12v on Pin E of the connector and the whole thing is controlled by a computer. In limp mode it will not go to low. Limp mode will come in with no power.

We'll see what he has when he posts back.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
I'm glad to hear that you have things under control. Large oaks can cause massive damage. I guess it could've been a lot worse.
As for your shifter question. I'm thinking that you may have to notch out the detent on the shifter to accommodate the 1st gear position.
I did notch it out. It shifting into 1st gear manually, but it starts moving as it in 4th (high) gear. I watched several diy programs as to wiring; tying several wires together to make it a totally mechanical shifting transmission. Perhaps I need to relook at them, the diy programs and the wires that I tied together????? Any suggestions would be welcomed............

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
Longroof79 ............ are your rear gears correct for the drag strip? The 3:42's sound better tho ................

John Wm. Zick

Drag Racer Forever !!!
Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2021
Winter Haven, Florida
If he's mentioning if the electronics have to be activated, a 4L80E needs 12v on Pin E of the connector and the whole thing is controlled by a computer. In limp mode it will not go to low. Limp mode will come in with no power.

We'll see what he has when he posts back.
I appreciate your response and will check that pin E !!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor