Hurts olds tail light update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huen79H/O

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2018
Those turned out nice. The beauty of plasti dip is you can change them without much worry. I do see where the guys are coming from in regards to them looking out of place though with the bumper being chrome.
Luckily the body color is black which helps. You should look at the thread "Project Olds Cool", Donovan gave the taillights on his '80 Olds a pretty cool treatment.

I recently did restored the taillights on my '87 which was a ton of work, but worth it IMO. All of my trim is blacked out including the bumpers, so here is a before/after of mine as well as installed.
View attachment 95876 View attachment 95877
I looked in olds cool put couldn't find when he did the taillights what page of the build is that on he does great work

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I looked in olds cool put couldn't find when he did the taillights what page of the build is that on he does great work

First of all, thanks Scott (Injectedcutty) for the mention. Appreciate it as always buddy!

Huen, I’m the guy responsible for Olds Cool and it’s associated work. Thanks very much for the kind comment. As for the treatment I gave my ‘78 taillight bezels, it took me a while to find it myself, but here’s the link to that page:

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/project-olds-cool-updated-9-1-18.62181/page-54

Starting at post #539. Thanks for your interest, yours look great as well! I like the black on your car, it ties in more like stock but with the cool little rocket cut outs that only the ‘78’s had.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor