MALIBU HVAC Control Does Not Come On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
Update: I am getting power from the red wire that connects to the relay. I purchased a new relay, Standard RY20.
I am not getting power at the purple wire that connect to the blower motor. I’ve switched back and forth between the old relay and the new one with the same “no power” results.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
For the high setting you will need 12V from the fan switch inside the car. That will be the orange wire at the relay. With out 12V on the orange wire you will not get the 12V from the red wire at the purple wire.

On the resistor block the Yellow, tan and blue wires should have 12V when in the correct setting, Low, med1 and med2.

If you are not getting 12V at these wires when in the correct settings. then the problem is in the HVAC control in the dash or the A/C circuit coming from the fuse block.

FourSeasonAirConditioner (2).jpg

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
For the high setting you will need 12V from the fan switch inside the car. That will be the orange wire at the relay. With out 12V on the orange wire you will not get the 12V from the red wire at the purple wire.

On the resistor block the Yellow, tan and blue wires should have 12V when in the correct setting, Low, med1 and med2.

If you are not getting 12V at these wires when in the correct settings. then the problem is in the HVAC control in the dash or the A/C circuit coming from the fuse block.

View attachment 207660
Thanks for the A/C schematic. With the key on and the fan switch to low/med 1 or 2, I am unable to get any power (12 v reading) on my multi meter at the resistor connector. I cleaned the contacts at the dash HVAC control. Rechecked the fuse, it’s good.

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
The single brown wire going to the heater harness was not plugged in.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor