i am mad at gm and the dealer! maybe gm should go under???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake442 said:
The bottom line is that dealers don't want to do your warranty work because there's no money in it, and they will put it off as long as they can, letting small problems become big problems. The stealership will avoid it like the plague, like when they lied and said that your gaskets weren't covered. Most people would've just shrugged and said "ok, I'll pay you to do it." instead of taking the time to look into it like you did.

True that. Luckily the places I've taken my car to have mechanics we know, so they don't bullshit around with warranty work on my GP.

thats exactly what i said! most people would have said fix it and then paid for it, good thing i looked it up huh?

regalman4925 said:
thats exactly what i said! most people would have said fix it and then paid for it, good thing i looked it up huh?

Definitely a good thing! Especially when they would've charged you around $800 for the job! What kind of warranty did you get with the car?

Had the same problems with my impala got tired of taking it in every 3 weeks,so finally i traded it for a explorer xlt.One of the smart moments in my life.I personally think the impala is a yugo on steriods.BTW i live,eat and sh.t GM. :roll:

I love older GM cars, but new ones I want nothing to do with.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I love older GM cars, but new ones I want nothing to do with.

yes aman to that.... these newer cars are gettting cheaper cheaper cheaper every year no style anymore crappy quality it's horrible

Its getting to the point where i think you are better off buying an older car, setting it up with aftermarket fuel injection, suspension, brakes, and interiors. You would have a car that is probably more reliable, easier to work on, and would be way cooler. Wait a second, aren't most of us working on that already?!

I won't go that far, but I don't really like the cars made over the last 5-10 years or so. 1990's Japanese cars from Nissan, Honda, and Toyota were the pinnacle of reliable cheap motoring. Dull, but great as appliances. Newer technology though has not caught up with that level of reliability. As for older cars, yes they can be cheaper to work on. However, they are not getting any newer, and rust, time and parts availability are starting to take their toll. Eventually, it will not be practical to use them every day unless you drive very little. The newest tech is even more problematic when you get past the new car warranty. Hybrids, electric cars, throttle by wire, CVT transmissions, etc. all present VERY expensive systems to repair when it all goes wrong. And oh yes, it DOES go wrong at some point. This is why I wanted as few options as possible when I got my Frontier back in 1998, and it has proven to be a wise decision as it now has 308,000 miles on it. What would I buy now? I honestly don't know. Back then, the old D21 Nissan trucks had an amazing reputation for reliability as did Toyotas. The D22 Frontier was almost mechanically identical to the 1997 D21, so it was a safe bet. Now, the newest small trucks and cars share little to nothing in common with their 90's counterparts which were so good, so what do you buy and what company do you trust? I tried buying a new small car a few months ago and decided against it because nothing looked good to me as far as trustworthiness.

If you're not satisfied with the service that you're getting from the dealer that you're dealing with, then by all means, try another dealer. There are good ones and not-so-good ones. But keep in mind that the dealer has to work within the policies and procedures that are laid down by GM for them to use. If the dealer is telling you that the engine noise is acceptable, then that is what GM is telling them. Most dealers will ususally do warranty work if they can, because they're being paid to do it by the manufacturer (in this case GM), so its money in their pockets. If the dealer won't do the work, its usually because they know that the manufacturer won't pay them to do it under warranty, and if they do it anyway, then they're paying for it themselves, which means they're losing money. You are wise to get all of the paperwork and documentation thet you can. The best advice that I can give you is to contact GM customer service and start hounding them about your problem. If you don't get any satisfaction from GM, take your case to the local Better Business Bureau, and let GM know that too, since they don't like bad publicity. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor