i am mad at gm and the dealer! maybe gm should go under???

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, the dealer will only do the work they will get paid for. Kinda makes sense, would you work for free?

I can count on one hand the times a warranty was honored and the problem was fixed for me. I avoid extended warranties like the plague. It is just an add on money maker. It is not going to get you what you want fixed. It will be denied at least once in an effort to get you to give up and go away. Then when you do get them to honor it, the repairs will be the most minimal thing to get the unit up and operating again.

If you are able and willing, investing in the tools is a better use of your money. You will do a better job on your stuff. They will slap it together to get it out the door and hopefully for you it will last a while because they used the cheapest parts and materials.

I gave up on new cars in the mid-nineties. The manufacturers don't build what I want to buy so they don't get my hard earned coin. I'll just keep fixing what I have.

TexasT said:
As stated, the dealer will only do the work they will get paid for. Kinda makes sense, would you work for free?

I can count on one hand the times a warranty was honored and the problem was fixed for me. I avoid extended warranties like the plague. It is just an add on money maker. It is not going to get you what you want fixed. It will be denied at least once in an effort to get you to give up and go away. Then when you do get them to honor it, the repairs will be the most minimal thing to get the unit up and operating again.

With every GM warranty my family has had, there has never been a discrepancy whether the dealer would do the work or not. Im sure it depends on the specific warranty, but GM warranties should not have to be fought with the dealer as to where the work will be covered or not. I've had my 2000 Grand Prix for almost 2 years, and I bought a GM protection plan warranty with it, a 2 year/24k mile bumper to bumper warranty for...I believe $1800.

My GP had 50k miles on it when I bought it, and sitting in the garage now it's got 69,667 on it. If it weren't for the $1800 warranty I bought, I'd be in at LEAST $6k worth of debt for the problems I've had with this lemon. The only reason I still have the car(well...2 reasons...)1 is that every car I own I get attached to, and 2...I still have another year to pay on it...haha! The warranty covered everything that I've taken the car in for. Those jobs have been as little as a new power window motor or ignition switch, to 3 and 4 figure work invoices(mine being a lower intake manifold gasket repair at 60k miles, and a brand new crate long block at 63k miles) I've had work done at a GM dealer, and a just a regular mechanics shop. Both have been covered with no hassles!

But, not going to lie......I'd much rather daily drive an older car. Loads easier to work on, better quality(for the most part) and they're way cooler!
8)

pontiacman469 said:
BTW i live,eat and sh.t GM. :roll:

preech on, i am on the same boat but this is horrible. they were suppose to call today and tell me what was going on but guess what, its 8pm and no call! this dealer does not seem to want to do any work, they would rather say no. i am planning to try another dealer if they wont fix it, i am willing to go as far as calling the news and ruining some of their business at this point! it was mentioned above that we should modernize our old schools, well thats what i am all about but i bought this car for my girl in july after dealing with too many car issues on her blazer, the idea was so i wouldnt spend all of my time working on her p.o.s. and work on my cars so i figures i would get her a car with warantee and not deal with it for a few years, WRONG! i am mad, if this is how gm is today then i see no reason for them to continue making cars with the exception of the vette and crate motors for all of us lol. it makes me cringe thinking of it but i may have to get her a import next time 🙁

Tell them if they dont resolve your problem that you will be driving the car around with "DONT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!" written all over the car. That might scare them into doing the work. :lol:

I am just utterly amazed at the fact that several people on here with extremely low mileage cars have all these problems with them. Honestly, you should expect any car not made in Korea (or by a Korean company) to go at least 150,000 miles before it has it's first real issue (alternator, starter, etc.). I have never even had a single computer sensor failure on my Nissan and it has over 300k miles on it. If I had all these problems with my GM product that is barely even broken in, and they refused to take care of it, I'd probably want to smash it though the showroom wall and leave it there.

Or there was that fellow back in the late 70's that bought a brand new Lincoln MKIV or whatever number they had then, and it was such a piece of junk, that a few days later he drove it onto the front lawn of the Ford assembly plant and set it on fire! Talk about protest!

The sad thing is, we are die hard GM car guys and we are fed up with GM. How much more irritated is the average consumer without a live for any GM products? This is why they are dying. When not even the loyalists who rebuild their older products for fun can stand the customer service experience with their products, there is a big problem.

My best story is of a Ford problem. A Ford guy I know who loves Mustangs bought an Explorer for his wife as a reliable daily driver. 3 Miles from the end of the warranty, the check engine light comes on. He drives 5 miles to the dealer and they will no longer honor the warranty, and charge him $800- because of 2 stinking miles! That petty customer service manager may have saved money for his department that day, and legally have been right, but he lost a customer for Ford. My friend will never go back to a Ford dealer again after that. Next time, he will probably buy Japanese instead. A nice looking or low priced car may get the customer in the door, but it is the service after the sale that will determine if that customer returns in the future. Get that wrong and you guarantee a gradual loss of market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor