I apologize about asking if anyone would rent a G-body. No offense intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
No need to apologize. No harm in asking but everyone feels different about their car. I have a quarter of what my friend has in his Hellcat Challenger and the sad truth is I will not let anyone drive my G body but he let me drive his car and I happily drove the wheels off of it. So a stranger borrowing it for a weekend for $100 is realistically out of the question.

Turo is your best bet. I've seen classic cars on there and I rented a P100D a few years ago. They are insured for these things.
Imagine if there was an accident, not even your fault.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Loan a man your car or wife, eventually they'll throw a rod in it..

Just throwing some banter.

No harm in asking the question, jusy may not be many up for that one..

Reactions: 5 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
We rented an Audi for my sister's wedding. Not an R8 or anything; just a turbo 4-cylinder sedan. But it was still pretty dope, and we got it from a small town. Check your local rental places! They might have something classy.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Perhaps asking someone to rent a car with a chauffeur included might be more ….umm….reasonable.

Hell, if I was close I’d offer to drive you and your date around - the back seat even has some bars that you could tie her up to or handcuff her to. It’s just a little tight getting in there around the cage. But once you’re in, it’s cushy. Even offer up some rolling burnouts if that’s your thing haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
There's never harm in asking, and, no need to apologize. I chimed in with my thoughts as per risk and such since you started to sound disappointed with the lack of feedback.

On the flip side, being just outside Atlanta there are enterprise exotic car rental outlets in the city. You don't have to pick between civics an corollas either.

Go big and rent something you'd never try out from somewhere like that.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
It's not a bad idea but the reality is when/if the 'what if' scenario arises.... Someone has to assume full responsibility of the cars value & then some in case of damages, theft, or injury.
Not many individuals would be willing to risk that. Corporations that lease/rent cars have insurance coverage to cover their butts. Individuals not so much.

Promises or a gentleman's handshake won't do much good here.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's not a bad idea but the reality is when/if the 'what if' scenario arises.... Someone has to assume full responsibility of the cars value & then some in case of damages, theft, or injury.
Not many individuals would be willing to risk that. Corporations that lease/rent cars have insurance coverage to cover their butts. Individuals not so much.

Promises or a gentleman's handshake won't do much good here.
There's people out there who try to buy a car and treat it like the old boat rentals they used to have at lakes. They hope it pays for itself via rentals, then they have the residual asset of some worth to resale.

Old z28? Vette? Chevelle? Mach 1? Cuda? OK. Those all have broad appeal.

A 1980s gbody? Prooooooobably not high on most guys list to pay good money for. And I'd say 2/3 of those who would, aren't the type you want to rent to. Meh.

Nothing wrong with any of it mind you, if you're into that scene on either side if thr transaction.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
When i came across this thread it made me think of that terrible show with Courtney Hansen (Ride of your life) when she keeps pulling up in new vehicles and it was like a commercial dressed up as a TV show for Hagerty Drive Share. https://driveshare.com/ They rent out classics. Give it a check. Good luck.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Easier to locate a rental Cadillac or even a Rolls Royce than a Vintage Ride/Muscle Car. Apart from the liability and insurance mentioned previously, there is the small matter of the liability and insurance and, did I happen to remember to mention the liability and insurance?
I can't even drive mine to work due to the insurance restrictions on use for daily driving.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor