I got the 83 Cutlass Cruiser today...pix included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Well, I picked the wagon up. I love it. It rides great, although the rear is sagging. Was hoping it has air shocks, but no such luck.

I also noticed the car has 215/60-14s and 215/70-14s......only problem is they have one of each on the front/rear!! lol

First thing I did was buy a new battery. Old one was 4 years old and beat down. Filled her up with gas, got it registered, and washed it. Haven't waxed it yet, but maybe this weekend.

Some trim needs to be redone. Maybe sanded ands dyed. I only saw 2 pieces needing replacement. The rear extensions to the bumper are going, but that's no biggie to me.

Carb wants to die at idle in gear if you let it sit, but I will try to figure that out soon. It runs great though, other than that.

Does have the front jounce bars, and sway bar, but no rear, yet!

http://www.gbodyforum.com/photos/thumbnails-1060.html

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks great! Always glad to see more wagons! :banana:

So what's the plan for it?

normal_P19125241.jpg

normal_P19125216.jpg

normal_P19102715.jpg

normal_P19131509.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice wagon. Good score. In time you'll gradually iron out all the little annoying problems and update the suspension, etc.
Good luck with it.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Thanks guys. I really like it. The little woman fell in love with it too.

The day ended on a snag though. Went out yesterday evening to get the boys from daycare and go to dinner, in the "Family Truckster", and had a flat right rear. Gotta plug it today. I took it off last night, and I had run over a screw.

Plans?:
Drive the fool out of it, and park my daily driver Sierra 2500. I thought about seeing what my Cragar Soft 8s wouold look like on it, but I don't think it would look too good. I am going to have a hard time switching out the factory rallyes, since they are color coded and look so damn good on the car. I would like a set of, maybe 17s, like a thin 5 spoked wheel.......those rallyes are gonna be hard to beat for looks to me though. I just wish they were a little bigger.

I thought about putting my 333 I am building in it, instead of the Salon, but I have decided against it. For now I am just going to drive it and appreciate it simply being a 83 V6-equipped Olds wagon that is cool as hell, in my book.

I did, however, have to take all the "Fear This" stickers off of it, first thing!

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
krazykyle said:
sweet you want to sell it i have a big block waiting for it

Everything has a price!

I'll take double what I gave! How about $3000............lol
Don't see me ever selling it..............

But seriously, these cars have such character that lacks in all the newer cars of today..........or I'm just getting old.

I'd much rather drive something like this (in a great condition, with it's character), than something new. And I like new cars.........they just don't have personality...
I would venture to guess this is why we are all here, on the forum.

8)
BTW thanks Blake for putting the pics in the post.........

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Would you guys believe that the power antenna works AND the headline is in perfect shape?

Neither one is a fact of my salon, and most g-bodies I have seen/had.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Put some gas in it and drive! :banana:

The 14" SSII wheels do look good on there. And the beauty of 14's is the tires a super cheap.
I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to keep them on my Cutlass wagon as well, but ended up going with my slotted mags that I had, and then I sold the SSII's to my buddy to put on a car he was selling so he could keep his wheels...

You can expect about 19-22 mpg out of that little V6...
Depends on how/where you drive, but that's what I get out of my '81 Buick wagon with the V6.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
19-22 mpg sounds fine to me.

I really do like the factory rims...always have.

I need to look at the carb: she is idling low and stalls out. Probably won't have time til next Friday when I'm off again, but I will be driving it......just feather the gas at idle!

The rear end sags, but it is at height I want, so I guess I need to drop the front......I was going to put some air assist in the rear springs to level it out, but I don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor