I Guess If You Just Want To Throw $$ At It...

These MFers use "Rare" WAYYYYY to much. Rare don't always mean big $$$$$.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
The guy in Walkerton, IN on eBay, Wayne Flora, has been at this a long long time. He used to post the remnants of SS parts cars as a lot for 35-50k or something. Crazy price but after awhile with what was left, if someone took the time it could easily double the money as time went on and prices went up on parts. Think it was 1k or so per car. But who is buying a couple trailers full of parts cars? His NOS Chevy console breadbox has been on there for many years, I contacted him showing him mine that I got from Mike’s Monte’s for a fraction a few years ago. Still wasn’t cheap, not that many floating around, but just to show his isn’t as rare as he thinks and see what he would say.

The guy in Walkerton, IN on eBay, Wayne Flora, has been at this a long long time. He used to post the remnants of SS parts cars as a lot for 35-50k or something. Crazy price but after awhile with what was left, if someone took the time it could easily double the money as time went on and prices went up on parts. Think it was 1k or so per car. But who is buying a couple trailers full of parts cars? His NOS Chevy console breadbox has been on there for many years, I contacted him showing him mine that I got from Mike’s Monte’s for a fraction a few years ago. Still wasn’t cheap, not that many floating around, but just to show his isn’t as rare as he thinks and see what he would say.
And what did he say when you showed him? In my experience, guys like that tend to be confused. It's true, some parts are sort of generic, but some parts are, indeed, hard to find and are usually worth the money if they're new and undamaged and replacing a high-wear or often-crusted part. The sad thing is, at the time, nobody knew where the "problem" areas were going to be in the G-bodies for the most part as far as pieces/parts goes.

I used my own experiences finding parts for the older A-bodies that I had trouble finding GM parts for, so when I bought my 85 442 new, I figured I'd start buying a "few" GM parts here and there for Oldsmobile G47 as I went along so I wouldn't be turning over rocks to find them later. I always envisioned the car needing a rebuild at some point down the road, but when it was new, it was hard to fathom that. Although the interwebs helped a lot later on, until Al Gore invented it 😛 I didn't have a good way of obtaining stuff other than the dealership. There wasn't much other than drag racing newspaper ads and Hemming's paper catalog.

This is just as assinine as the people who put more than 100k to a million dollars into a vintage ride..... i can even phathom that.

I bet you can't "phathom" that lol.

Who uses Ebay anymore anyway? It's mostly China brand garbage, never what you actually want.

Who uses it? Tens of millions of people.

A big percentage of the things that people use in America are made in China, including whatever device you're using to type your responses on.

The worst thing about Ebay in my opinion are the seller fees. Everything else is par for the course.

Reactions: g0thiac

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor