i hate my 94 blazer transmission slipping anyone ever done one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
ryanwitski said:
i would get a transmission cooler for it, it will save it for sure!
I'd run a trans cooler on anything that's an auto. As long as you have clean fluid and your not overheating a transmission should last almost indefinatly.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
the 700R4 is an automatic. first thing first in my opinion drop the pan and see the fluid. maybe you have moister and some things you can't see just from the stick, my 700r4 looked good until i got it flushed and it took 17 quarts to clean it! the stick looked pretty clean too!

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i just did one in my s-10. it was time consuming, but not that difficult. if i were you i would take that one out and get it rebuilt, mine was done for 450$ w/ a 2 year warranty.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
wow a lot of responces i havnt been on for a while i had it rebuilt . some how i smoked 3rd and 4th gear and there was some broken accuator spring or something like that . it cost me $1400 to have it uninstalled rebuilt and reinstalled . the shop wanted 2200 but my buddy knows the guy so he did it on the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor