I Just Wanted A Ballpark Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
People on Craigslist are a crazy breed. They either don't get back with you when you or when they do get back with you it's always something silly ( stupid high asking price, not willing to negotiate, not willing to meet up somewhere to make transaction, telling you they have something that doesn't actually exist etc. ).

I just contacted a guy on CL yesterday about some wheels. Wanted to meet up somewhere and he told me in so many words to get lost. I guess making a sale wasn't important to him....

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I guess I'm not your normal CLer. Ive met people over 30 miles away with a truck hood one time wheels another. I always describe whatever I'm selling exactly as it is so there's no surprises. Somebody should contact that guy and let him know he's got a lo-ball car that he's going to live with unless he changes his attitude.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'd pay what anyone else would pay for a g body with so so interior and a junk drivetrain. 300 to 500 bucks is all it's worth.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I don't get the $1 listing. That should be legally binding. If you want a bidding war, stick it on Fleabay. :soapbox:
I think its a tactic to get people to click.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't get the $1 listing. That should be legally binding.
I agree and I won't even low ball him with an offer of $.50, I will give him the full dollar..

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
People are rough sometimes.i hate hate hate selling things on cl or the apps but once in a while you meet some really nice folks.years ago i was thinning out my extra trim bumpers etc on cl and a father and son showed up to buy a bumper and a moulding.talking with them they're fixing up an elco together.that's how my dad and i got started,the kid was going to the same high school i did where i painted my first Chevy.it was so great talking with them and what they were doing together there was no way i could take the short money i wanted for the parts from them.just that small warm interaction was enough for me.i hope to run into them at a car show sometime and see the car they built.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Lazy entitled sellers that want top dollar for no effort. Seen too many gmg episodes .
Then also "no time wasters".

I can relate to this. Last year when I was advertising 442 parts on Craiglist there were at least 3 guys that wanted to come out to the shop and see the cars and parts I had. They had no intentions of buying, they just wanted to scope out the property. Whenever possible I will meet a buyer off site to make the deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Another one I can't stand is when they post a really nice 1st photo of the car where it looks mint and then the add says can look like this with full restoration and then you see the actual photos of the rusted hulk parts car that follow.:blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor