I know this sounds crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

83grandprix18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2009
i cant find my fuse box on my 83 grand prix i looked under the hood and the dash idk where else to look

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
It does sound crazy, the far left corner under the dash.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Didn't see the little flip down cover on the plactic cover under the dash :lol:

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
:lol: Yeh, that is my least favorite spot for a fuse box, you have to stand on your head and constantly hit your head on the steering wheel on your way up.

Im not sure about you guys but there was a mysterious In-line fuse, I never knew what it went to until one day I was working cleaning glove box, it flipped down and there was a mysterious box with a button on it, I finally found out it was some sort of radio signal booster of some sort.

83grandprix18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2009
yea after a more extensive search with a couple buudys i found it lol i saw that lil flap at first but it diddt look like fuses behind it but hey u learn somethimg new everyday lol

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
now find the relay box! same spot just much more contortions.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
megaladon6 said:
now find the relay box! same spot just much more contortions.
Yeah, it's bolted to the back side of the dash. Now find the main terminal bus! (white plastic thing with plugs in it that is bolted to the cowl upside down by the fuse box and relay box.) I love how GM seems to have built these cars with no regard to logic or serviceability. It's a continual source of irritation as I put my car's electrical system back together piece by piece.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Now find the main terminal bus!

I actually know what you're talking about. Only reason is because I bought my '78 Malibu with the dash out. Never even knew it was up there :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor