I need a 10bolt 8.5" rear end from a 442, or GN Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2006
Kingston, Nevada
Does anyone have a GM rear like this? I only need an empty housing. Otherwise it will be one of the 9" conversions.

Since this posting, I found out how to convert an A-Body rear to a g-body and even got some nice SS Machine conversion bars. I posted how to do it on the general forum Rear Axle area.

Regards,
Alanco

Alanco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2006
Kingston, Nevada
captjim said:
Look over at www.turbobuick.com, I bought one over there for $650 in the spring.

I ended up being befriended by a g-body expert. Got an A-Body rear from a Chevy, and it had a 2.83 posi, and 30 spline axles. Got it for $200. Got an 8.5 ring and pinion for $55, and SS Machine conversion link bars for $113. Of course I had to set it all up, but I needed less than $50 in parts. Your price for a complete was excellent. I'm a wrencher, so the prices I got made it the way to go for me. I posted the how to do it as far as parts on the General Forum Rear Axle area.

Regards,

Alanco

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor