I need info on motor mount...

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
...bolt size for the oem frame attached (clam shell?) motor mount on a 81 Elky w/305 sbc. I hope someone can help me here I have been trying to look it up but keep coming up empty.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
...bolt size for the oem frame attached (clam shell?) motor mount on a 81 Elky w/305 sbc. I hope someone can help me here I have been trying to look it up but keep coming up empty.
bolt size for the frame attached mount to the frame or the clam shell that attaches to the block,or the bolt that joins the two halves together?you refrenced the frame and clam shell so i wanted to clarfy.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
sorry for the confusion but I wasn't sure of the correct nomenclature. I am looking for the info for the mount that is bolted to the frame.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
3/8-16x1 correct? I know the mounts connected to the block are 3/8-16 as well. I tried removing one frame mount bolt from my Elky today and could not fit a 9/16 wrench over the head i had to us a 15mm wrench. I was wondering if these bolts had been swapped out by GM at the factory because I have other metric bolts on this car as well. I appreiciate the info.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
no you're correct.everything on the chassis's is metric.i changed mine out with a standard grade 8 during the mount swap via ocd hang up.if your stock hardware is in good shape there's no reason to replace it.

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Well I'm planning on pulling the engine soon and i always like to replace all nuts and bolts as sort of cheap insurance.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
I'm guessing than that these will be m10-1.5x25mm (or 30mm)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor