Power Window Info Needed

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
As best I remember the passenger side was working, albeit very slow. It has been a couple of years since I stored it and memory isn't what it used to be.
I can relate to the memory, or lack of! It's very common for the wires to break in the drivers door boot from opening and closing the door.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Again, we must assume the year on this. I'm a guessing it's 87 or 88? Or is it your earlier one like in your avatar?

Makes a difference sometimes. It is my opinion that the earlier diagram shown is for late 70s, and I believe they got even cheesier with the electricals by 87/88.

The later models NEED the passenger side switch installed to operate the passenger window with either switch regardless if from driver side or passenger side. As stated, driver side will work without worrying about the passenger side stuff. Obviously you can jumper anything, but the wiring layout is a tad different than earlier models. So don't be shocked by the lack of the double wiring on the passenger side for later models. One of the biggest problems I see is in the later models, the motor grounds are only through the driver master switch. Hardly a great idea. I'd add a relay to both sides if I had to dig into the wiring. And you have to ensure the contacts for the switches are CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Any corrosion/dirt in there will muck up the works for sure. Watch out for new switches made from Chinesium. They're not always the best quality right out of the box, so there's that.

This is from a cutlass CSM, but I believe Montes are set up the same way.

2 door power window troubleshoot 1.JPG

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor