Power Window Info Needed

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
I have a question, hopefully one of you fine gentlemen can help out. As most have, my power window(s) quit working, while the driver side was down all the way of course. This all happened during the course of moving. I was putting the car in storage anyhow so part way into replacing wiring pigtails I stored the car. Fast forward and recently got new motors and regulators for it. My question is will the drivers side switch work if I have the pigtail cut loose from the passenger side. Can't place the new one I bought and they have sky-rocketed in price, $32 & some change being the cheapest I've found. May not sound like much but I know I've got a new one somewhere and I will find it. For right now I need to get the drivers window up being as it's not in storage any more. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230413_064650~2.jpg
    20230413_064650~2.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 57

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
If it were me, I’d try and roll it up. It will either work or it won’t.
I tried, no power to switch. Before I go tearing into it trying to find the cause, was just wondering if this would be it. Mechanically, theres nothing i cant do to a car, electrically, well there is my downfall, although learning more as I go.

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
I tried, no power to switch. Before I go tearing into it trying to find the cause, was just wondering if this would be it. Mechanically, theres nothing i cant do to a car, electrically, well there is my downfall, although learning more as I go.
Make sure that the wires aren't broken inside the boot between the door and pillar.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
you can use a battery, or even a cordless tool battery and a couple of jumper wires to go direct to the motor. They're reversible, so you just swap terminals if it moves in the wrong direction

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Check for voltage at the large pink wire coming from under one of the circuit breakers like the orange wire in the pic. Circuit breakers are the aluminum cans with the arrows pointing to the. If it has power locks that large wire will be orange.

Circuit breakers.jpg

PowerWindows-684x1024.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
Check for voltage at the large pink wire coming from under one of the circuit breakers like the orange wire in the pic. Circuit breakers are the aluminum cans with the arrows pointing to the. If it has power locks that large wire will be orange.

View attachment 223250

View attachment 223249
Appreciate the diagrams!

MalibusNMontes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2016
North Carolina
According to the diagrams, looks like drivers side should work regardless of passenger side stage of disarray! Thanks for the info, forum. Will keep ya posted if I find anything that I haven't seen discussed on here already.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor