I need some ideas about 4x10's

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to do some minor cutting in the sheet metal depending on how deep the magnet is but, i took a really thin sheet of birch wood and sanded down the edges so it fits in the stick cardboard insert. then wrapped it.
pretty simple mod, hardest part is cutting through the metal

swaggasaur said:
you have to do some minor cutting in the sheet metal depending on how deep the magnet is but, i took a really thin sheet of birch wood and sanded down the edges so it fits in the stick cardboard insert. then wrapped it.

Ok, Thanks ill try it one day.

G-Body_Vet said:
ascates said:
Sorry to highjack this thread, but do you ever have any problems with the adapters rattling? Or is it a pretty solid setup?

I currently have my cutlass interior striped and I'm laying down sound deadening material and was wondering If I had to cover the speaker adapters?

All of the ones I've seen mount underneath the rear deck. I've been lucky enough to be able to manipulate the factory wire hangers enough to use them. The 4x10's use screws to mount to the adapters.

I just typed it in on ebay so you can get an idea what they look like. There's a few different styles you can go with.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=4x10+a ... m270.l1313

Thanks, didn't know they made theses, I just put some 4 by 10s couple month a go

swaggasaur said:

Yep, that's what I did. Haha

I actually have the Kicker KS 4x10 in the rear deck. I like them really well, sound quality is there and could go loud without a problem. I also have the matching 3.5 in the front dash. Don't get me wrong, they aren't made to handle much bass, but that is what the sub is for. 8)
As for fitment, friend and I just bent the original hangers to fit around the MUCH bigger magnet on the Kicker speakers.

amadorbarajas said:
I actually have the Kicker KS 4x10 in the rear deck. I like them really well, sound quality is there and could go loud without a problem. I also have the matching 3.5 in the front dash. Don't get me wrong, they aren't made to handle much bass, but that is what the sub is for. 8)
As for fitment, friend and I just bent the original hangers to fit around the MUCH bigger magnet on the Kicker speakers.
Where did you get them, ANd how much $$ ???? 8)

JBreu said:
amadorbarajas said:
Where did you get them, ANd how much $$ ???? 8)

I got them off Crutchfield a while ago, back in the summer of 08. They had some sale, 50% off speakers, so I got front and back for a nice 100 bucks!!! 8)

If you are intersested....http://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KS410/Kicker-KS410.html?search=Kicker+VENDORID206&tp=99

UPDATED the link with a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor