I need to know "how-to": Aerocoupe window removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kartrac3r

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2008
Kearney, NE
Was trying to remove my aerocoupe window got about halfway through (I think) and got stuck. Does the rubber seal come off somehow first? or Is it glued to the window like most newer car windshields? Any info would be greatly appriciated

DrP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2009
Indiana
I went thru this. Everything is glued together. In addition, there is a double lip that locates and supports the glass. If your glass is broken, try to remove it in small pieces and try to save the gasket. This is a nearly impossible job if the glass is not broken. There are easier ways to remove a glass from a donor car.
New replacements are not available unless you can find one that was stored somewhere.
I have a 1987 Aerocoupe that I am parting out.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada

kartrac3r

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2008
Kearney, NE
thank you thank you thank you!. you know I probably should get back on montecarloss.com. I got a bad taste in my mouth from there awhile back and really haven't visited it since then. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor