I need yet another opinion (exhaust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
Check out this system http://www.pypesexhaust.com/sys-mc.html
The 2.5 inch is all stainless and is $340, the 3 inch has steel tailpipes and costs $400 at Summit. I will be running Big block hugger headers hedmann w/3 inch collectors. I am leaning toward the 2.5 based on price and the all stainless construction. Thanks again

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Pypes SGG12 Header back 2.5" 409 Stainless with x pipe is a great choice. Put the MVR30 muffler with it and you have GREAT flow AND good sound control especially at idle and part throttle. It is reasonably priced for the quality materials as well. Quality stainless lasts junk aluminized rots its worth the money. Being mandrel bent with X and free flowing mufflers it should flow to about 600HP before you would benefit from the 3". Plus you would be useing full length headers to do that anyway.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Exhaust

Yeah I would definitely use 2.5" pipes, when i had my custom exhaust done the guy told me that unless you are pushing over 600hp then the 3"
is overkill and it doesn't give you any extra power than the 2.5" does and i have a 455 poncho.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i have the pypes x-pipe set up on my car, header back, no cats. i have the street pro mufflers and i absolutly love it. never get tired of that sound i would totally recomend their product.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
Thanks guys, Im sold,I have been assembling my parts list and want to get the most bang for the buck. your experiances are of great value to me.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
I have a summit header back 2.5 exhaust system with super 40's and cutouts for sale, everything is only 6 months old. looking to get 250 for the whole system if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor