I saw is cool old Buick ad from 1982

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
The styling in the 80s is so much better then todays cars. Especially SUV'S. They all look alike
New cars have no soul or style. they are all just shapeless appliances. It really explains why they are all some sort of shade of gray

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 user

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I worked for a Buick Dealer and had Regals as my company cars every year. 1980 was the last year for a "decent" V8 (Pontiac 301, which is pushing the term "decent). After that, the only choices were the lame 265 Pontiac V8 and eventually the 252 Buick V6. I'd just order a 231 and get the 3.23 gears, which weren't an option on the larger motors. My little 231 was faster than either one of the choices.
Come 1983, we acquired a GMC franchise, so my ride of choice became a Caballero with a 5.0 and 3.23's.
Obviously, I went back to Buick in 1986 for a GN and stayed there for a couple years.
For the most part, the 80's were a true disaster for any kind of OEM performance.

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
New cars have no soul or style. they are all just shapeless appliances. It really explains why they are all some sort of shade of gray

Folks from the ‘50s said the same about cars from the ‘80s.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor