I WANNA SEE YOUR BIG 17 INCH..

Status
Not open for further replies.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Don't have 17's but Year One has a nice selection of OE looking ones.
This would be my choice as I have the 15's for my car.
View attachment 212202
Then there's the MCSS ones.
View attachment 212203
i generally hate the N90s but the 17" version looks pretty nice and was considering those till got m car back from paint..

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Luckily you Monte guys have more room for activities. No way I could put a 1" spacer on the rears, the lip would be eating tire! I could fit a 275 now, but would need a custom 3 piece wheel, $1k/wheel is not in the budget.
don't let that hold you back, not sure what style you looking for, but 1 thing i like for looks is like a gasses where the whole car is lifted some. seen it done to a 68-72 nova and loved it.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
are you the_merv on the montecarloss board? if so i sent you a msg there that you can disregard.
Yea I am, I don't get in there much. Saw your message, you found my spec's here. Backspacing I can give you if you want them, the front is stock but the rear is a QP Custom 9" that is a little wider than stock how I was able to get the wider wheel in there nicely.

Last edited:

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Slightly modified 17x9.5 and 17x11 N90s.
BB3BE728-D2C6-4A93-83E5-E2D5C5BDCC40.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Yea I am, I don't get in there much. Saw your message, you found my spec's here. Backspacing I can give you if you want them, the front is stock but the rear is a QP Custom 9" that is a little wider than stock how I was able to get the wider wheel in there nicely.
oh ok so you got many complexities to get that look. i marvel at how those wheels sit on your car everytime logging in there. sure what's the rear backspacing? i'm trying to stay stock with rear and so on and i'm understanding 4.5" BS is max for the rear wheels.are the outsides of rims parallel to each other or are the front tucked in a bit more than rear? the rims i'm looking at have customizable BS. thanks

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Front is a 17x8 with a 4.5" backspace.

Rear is the 17x9 with a 6.5" backspace if I remember right.

Fronts went on directly but scuffed the swaybar on super tight turns. I spaced them out a few years ago. Pics on the MCSS Website they are tucked in without spacers.

Rear I had to use a 1" spacer from day one, the QP 9" was that much wider and it just all fit.

Right now all 4 have a 1" spacer and the front is probably a hair inside from the rear, but it looks much better than it did before.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
oh ok so you got many complexities to get that look. i marvel at how those wheels sit on your car everytime logging in there.sure what's the rear backspacing? i'm trying to stay stock with rear and so on and i'm understanding 4.5" BS is max for the rear wheels.
Running 17x7 front with 4"BS and 225/50zr17 and 17x8 rear with 4.5"BS and 255/45zr17. I found the front does barely rub the sway bar at full lock due to backspacing, rears just barely clear the frame but plenty on wheelwell side. Planning on frame notch this winter which should allow the Cutlass to accommodate at least a 275. Car is currently lowered 1", but soon to go lower..... View attachment 212204
those rims fit that car perfectly, was considering similar 1s originally,
Front is a 17x8 with a 4.5" backspace.

Rear is the 17x9 with a 6.5" backspace if I remember right.

Fronts went on directly but scuffed the swaybar on super tight turns. I spaced them out a few years ago. Pics on the MCSS Website they are tucked in without spacers.

Rear I had to use a 1" spacer from day one, the QP 9" was that much wider and it just all fit.

Right now all 4 have a 1" spacer and the front is probably a hair inside from the rear, but it looks much better than it did before.
thanks, that thing looks perfect and i wouldn't change a thing. i'm caught between going 7" on front with 8" or 9"s on rear or 8" all around. not a fan of rears stickin out more than front or if they do its not noticeable.

1 last thing did you lower it any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor