Ideas on straight pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
When did they change the law? Can I get rid of mine?

When they got rid of the Drive Clean Test a few years ago, and the grandfathering from vehicles 1988 and before.

Keep in mind however, like motorheadmike said- the MTO can pull you over and fine for missing mufflers. Not sure about catalytic converters though.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
If our original poster here is considering a straight pipe, ain't no way in hell is he gonna pony-up for a cut-out system.
Well put yourself in my shoes for a minute.

Everything has been locked down, your hours got cut to almost nothing, and your only income is your disability assistance.

You have a house, food, insurance and other bills to pay for. Would YOU pay for a cut out system, rather than those basic essentials?

Of course not.

Now if it was up to me, I'd be putting dual flowmasters on it, but not everyone during the pandemic has a nest egg of savings they can tap into freely tbh.

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
A k in the day they made “test tubes”, it was a simple bolt in for the cat.
Deff save all the OG exhaust stuff. I saved my crossover and my cat and bracket, now going for cash. I had my crossover bead blasted and used exhaust paint on it, I think I’ll hang it up in the ceiling in the garage for art. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor