Identifying Drop Spindles (which bearings?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 20, 2016
hey guys, my cutlass came with 2" drop spindles installed but i need help trying to identify which drop spindles they are. The previous owner told me that they are not S-10 spindles and are "olds cutlass drop spindles" are there other brand besides belltech that makes drop spindles?

If they are belltech, do i need different bearings than OEM? I recall reading that somewhere.

Thanks,
Harvey

Harv

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 20, 2016
yeah. that was my next task. i made the mistake of not checking them when i had it apart the first time.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
the s10 pickup and the g-body platform use the same drop spindle. the 98-2005 blazer spindle is different. there are a few companies that make the s10/g-body spindle. belltech , djm , aim to name a few. the blazer drop spindle belltech is your only choice.

belltech spindles usually have their logo cast into the spindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor