I'm home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
So glad to hear! Don't rush it and follow those orders. Sometimes when chronic pain is relieved it is easy to start thinking you're superman again.

I have a lot of C6-C7 problems and, back in the 90s, they wanted to do a fuse and trim around the nerve bundle exits to solve the problems but I was going to have to wear this contraption to keep my head/neck completely still for 6 weeks, try to figure out how to shower and sleep in a chair with it on, and . . . only 30% chance of complete success with also a 30% chance of severe side effects up to and including death :eek:

Um, no thanks . . . I feel MUCH better already! :rolleyes:

Nice thing about being 60 is that all my other quirks have surpassed the C6-C7 problems so much that they are purely background noise now. Just have an arm, hand, or fingers that go numb every now and then which is almost welcomed given all of the severe [joint] pain most all the time. Wake up with a numb arm and think, hey, it's going to be a better day :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I had a microdisectomy on my L5-S1 & it made a world of difference! Hope your recovery goes well!

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So I had back surgury this morning and im home in one piece. They removed discs at L3/L4 and L4/L5. I feel good but sore . I wont be bench pressing any engine blocks for a while. LOL

Youre very lucky ! Ive been on disability since 2008 due to issues with my neck. Ive got herniations at C2/C3, C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6. Needless to say its not a good thing. Pain 24/7. Nerve damage that causes my hands to burn like theyre in boiling water. The first MRI showed a mild impingement on one side at one level. Now 10 years later I have severe impingements on both sides at two levels. It really changed my life. The surgeons told me I have 25% range of motion in my head and if they try to fix it that will go to 0. Two rods and a lot of plates. No thanks. Im sure I'll be crippled at one point. Just a matter of time I guess.
Im glad to hear yours wasnt as bad, Be careful in the future though !

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Way better gamble.
I hear that. My knees are due but the odds are not what I can live with. I had a relative lose a leg due to an infection in the knee after surgery. You were delivering the mail with this condition?

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Youre very lucky ! Ive been on disability since 2008 due to issues with my neck. Ive got herniations at C2/C3, C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6. Needless to say its not a good thing. Pain 24/7. Nerve damage that causes my hands to burn like theyre in boiling water. The first MRI showed a mild impingement on one side at one level. Now 10 years later I have severe impingements on both sides at two levels. It really changed my life. The surgeons told me I have 25% range of motion in my head and if they try to fix it that will go to 0. Two rods and a lot of plates. No thanks. Im sure I'll be crippled at one point. Just a matter of time I guess.
Im glad to hear yours wasnt as bad, Be careful in the future though !

Believe me i feel for you. In 92 I was T-boned by a car load of stoned kids. Walked away just fine until 2 weeks later when my back popped and my legs turned off for 3 months. This is the first relief I've had since then. I sure hope the Docs can do something for you to get you some relief brother.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I hear that. My knees are due but the odds are not what I can live with. I had a relative lose a leg due to an infection in the knee after surgery. You were delivering the mail with this condition?

Yes, my whole career. I'm a very stubborn NY Italian. I dont like to give in to anything.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I got lucky and got a 2nd opinion, the second doc was annoyed that the first hadn't tried any other treatments before "You need a fusion!"

So there I was (36yrs old) sitting in the delivery room (as my daughter was born) with a pinched nerve in my neck caused by stenosis, massive vertebra bone spurs,and herniated disc. the anesthetist looked at me and said "Are you ok?"

when the wife got the epidural a few hours earlier, I almost asked if I could have one! just counting the blessings one day at a time.

meanwhile, take it easy regalbegle and relax. it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor