I'm home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
So I had back surgury this morning and im home in one piece. They removed discs at L3/L4 and L4/L5. I feel good but sore . I wont be bench pressing any engine blocks for a while. LOL

Reactions: 7 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Glad to hear that you're home & hope that you have a speedy recovery.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And you're about 3/8" shorter. :)

Glad the surgery went well. Here's to a smooth and quick recovery. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
hopefully you'll heal up quick, and glad everything seemed to have went according to plan!

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Thanks guys. Everything went smooth. I feel lots better, just sore around the incision. Now I got a month home. Maybe i'll finally put those headers in in a few weeks. :mrgreen:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm glad it went well. Surgery is no joke. As you know I am recovering too. And I am following the Doctor's orders as I never want to do that again! Enjoy the quiet time and plan for later on. It does get better!

Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
fusion or artificial disc replacement? I was lucky with my C6 pinched nerve, steroid shots worked for me

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
fusion or artificial disc replacement? I was lucky with my C6 pinched nerve, steroid shots worked for me
Neither, my discs were squeezed out for over 25 years so my bones are stable. They just basiclly trimmed them off so they weren't touching the spinal cord. Seems to have worked great as I no longer have pain running down my leg at all. If anyone's wondering why I waited so long, back in the 90's i was given a 50% chance of coming out of it walking. The odds now were 99%. Way better gamble. :banana:

I'm glad it went well. Surgery is no joke. As you know I am recovering too. And I am following the Doctor's orders as I never want to do that again! Enjoy the quiet time and plan for later on. It does get better!

I'm planning on following Dr's orders Bonnewagon. He said to wait a few weeks on the headers. However, I don't do relaxation well. LOL Never could shake that NY pace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor