I’m pretty sure my dash is dark blue but it needs to be replaced so is this the best option for replacement?

Misfit-Malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2023
I’m pretty sure my dash is going to have to be replaced in the process of the build and besides, a brand new factory looking dash (besides the gauges) is exactly what I’m looking for. So most importantly I want to stick with the same color which I believe is dark blue but I’m making this thread to be sure so check out the attached picture. I found this dash on opgi and it looks like a complete dash minus the bezels and vents and other small stuff but is this actually what I need to replace my dash? It says dash pad and that’s throwing me off, and for the color options there’s royal blue and dark blue and I want the same color that it came with from the factory as I’m trying to stick with the same color scheme (minus the sheet metal door covers and other stuff cuz racecar lol) any help and input is appreciated.

Attachments

• 71414185534__1C765E6D-A75F-4A73-A625-3E47F67379F3.jpeg
    71414185534__1C765E6D-A75F-4A73-A625-3E47F67379F3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 72

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
hello new guy ,
if you want a perfect dash there's a place in California ( I believe ) that will restore your original dash complete .........not cheap, but finding a minty one is getting harder.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I’m pretty sure my dash is going to have to be replaced in the process of the build and besides, a brand new factory looking dash (besides the gauges) is exactly what I’m looking for. So most importantly I want to stick with the same color which I believe is dark blue but I’m making this thread to be sure so check out the attached picture. I found this dash on opgi and it looks like a complete dash minus the bezels and vents and other small stuff but is this actually what I need to replace my dash? It says dash pad and that’s throwing me off, and for the color options there’s royal blue and dark blue and I want the same color that it came with from the factory as I’m trying to stick with the same color scheme (minus the sheet metal door covers and other stuff cuz racecar lol) any help and input is appreciated.
The color you have is just listed as dark blue in my chip book, GM 26. PPG codes are 15344 for semi gloss, 15345 for low gloss & preferred gloss for dashes. That shade of blue was used for '80-'82.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
FYI, they've been "available soon" for about 6 years now

SEM Shadow blue is a decent match for 80-82 blue if it comes to that

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
FYI, they've been "available soon" for about 6 years now

SEM Shadow blue is a decent match for 80-82 blue if it comes to that
The did have some in stock then the end of summer sale hit. I want a black one since they don't have dark maple (& it's a hair cheaper) but they can't give a real date when a specific color will be in dispite what the site says. The sales rep says it seems like all the get is black when they do come in.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Had not heard that anybody actually got one...wonder how close to OE they are?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor