I’m pretty sure my dash is dark blue but it needs to be replaced so is this the best option for replacement?

Misfit-Malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 14, 2023
The color you have is just listed as dark blue in my chip book, GM 26. PPG codes are 15344 for semi gloss, 15345 for low gloss & preferred gloss for dashes. That shade of blue was used for '80-'82.
Thank you

Reactions: 2 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
I probably am one of the few lucky ones who has received an OPGI replacement dash. When OPGI first offered these several years ago, I immediately submitted my order for an 87 Claret dash. I remained on their back order list for several years and received many notices on the status of my back ordered part. Then, lo and behold, I one day about a year ago, I was informed that OPGI had my dash and whether I still wanted it. I arranged for shipping and the dash is now sitting in my garage awaiting installation.

As for the color and finish, it looks great! One of these days, I'll submit pictures of my installation.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I probably am one of the few lucky ones who has received an OPGI replacement dash. When OPGI first offered these several years ago, I immediately submitted my order for an 87 Claret dash. I remained on their back order list for several years and received many notices on the status of my back ordered part. Then, lo and behold, I one day about a year ago, I was informed that OPGI had my dash and whether I still wanted it. I arranged for shipping and the dash is now sitting in my garage awaiting installation.

As for the color and finish, it looks great! One of these days, I'll submit pictures of my installation.
I've seen reviews that go both ways, are they using the steel core like gm did, or, is it just a rigid foam based product?

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
The dash pad is a cover to fix a bad or cracked dash it is not the whole piece but I have seen some videos on these and they have come out nice.

mlopez_79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2023
hello new guy ,
if you want a perfect dash there's a place in California ( I believe ) that will restore your original dash complete .........not cheap, but finding a minty one is getting harder.
Do you have the name of the shop in California? If so, please post, Thanks!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Reminds me I still need to get the dash I got from a yard in Detroit off my cousin, she's had it a few years and even brought it back to Pittsburgh when she moved back

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Reminds me I still need to get the dash I got from a yard in Detroit off my cousin, she's had it a few years and even brought it back to Pittsburgh when she moved back
If it's been sitting for some time & you haven't used it yet maybe I might know of a nice place it could live (after going camel tan of course.) :mrgreen:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor