I'm still here, life takes weird turns...

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
just wanted to stick my head in and let y'all know I haven't forgotten this place, or gotten rid of my g hoard... Life takes a wweird turn from time to time, and makes you look at things a little different.

a few years ago I started getting some pains in my shoulders and hips, sometimes putting me down for a couple daays at a time and out of work quite a few times, eventually finding out that at 53 that I had the early stages of rhumetoid arthritis in my hands and feet, and osteoarthristis advancing in my hips and shoulders. this coming in after finally getting a decent carb on the GP, just to have the trans upchuck once again... this all put me in a down mood for a little bit, and looking through some auctions, pulled the trigger on something I'd always wanted, but always got shot down by the wife.... yes, a motorcycle... a wrecked one... Enter "Vickie", a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900.
1718503286275.png

having started a youtube channel of my own, I rebulit it, and started riding.

I realized aftre a couple months, that the frame really was tweaked a little too much to be a real good rider, so I ended up picking up a 2009 just like it with a bad motor, and swapped it over. most of my time has been commited to riding, and the g-bodies have taken a backseat to the bike.

I also picked up a couple different cars to drive/flip, and currently rebulding the trans in the wife's mustang, and it will become my daily when it's done... Chief will be the next up for repairs, I really miss driving him, and it's been the better part of a couple years since he's been on the road. I have added yet another stray to the flock in way of a 1-owner '79 elky ss, but may be a bit before I get underway with it...
full

hopefully being back will give me some motivation to get back on these before it's too late to wrench, and can actually start enjoying these things!

Attachments

• 2000_0814_123548_002.JPG
    2000_0814_123548_002.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: 12 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Glad to see you back Darin, the forum has missed your presence! Sorry to hear about your health issues of late, but at least you’re still here with us and able to do the things you love.

IMO you’ve got the right attitude, enjoy life and do all the things you want while you still can. Afterall, none of us are getting any younger. It’s now or never baby.

Hopefully now that you’ve re-established your presence here, we can continue to see somewhat regular updates from you.
Cheers my friend.

D.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
just wanted to stick my head in and let y'all know I haven't forgotten this place, or gotten rid of my g hoard... Life takes a wweird turn from time to time, and makes you look at things a little different.

a few years ago I started getting some pains in my shoulders and hips, sometimes putting me down for a couple daays at a time and out of work quite a few times, eventually finding out that at 53 that I had the early stages of rhumetoid arthritis in my hands and feet, and osteoarthristis advancing in my hips and shoulders. this coming in after finally getting a decent carb on the GP, just to have the trans upchuck once again... this all put me in a down mood for a little bit, and looking through some auctions, pulled the trigger on something I'd always wanted, but always got shot down by the wife.... yes, a motorcycle... a wrecked one... Enter "Vickie", a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900.
View attachment 240845
having started a youtube channel of my own, I rebulit it, and started riding.

I realized aftre a couple months, that the frame really was tweaked a little too much to be a real good rider, so I ended up picking up a 2009 just like it with a bad motor, and swapped it over. most of my time has been commited to riding, and the g-bodies have taken a backseat to the bike.

I also picked up a couple different cars to drive/flip, and currently rebulding the trans in the wife's mustang, and it will become my daily when it's done... Chief will be the next up for repairs, I really miss driving him, and it's been the better part of a couple years since he's been on the road. I have added yet another stray to the flock in way of a 1-owner '79 elky ss, but may be a bit before I get underway with it...
full

hopefully being back will give me some motivation to get back on these before it's too late to wrench, and can actually start enjoying these things!
Great to see you back Darin! Nice bike!

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Great to see you back Darin! Nice bike!
thankya Jared, kinda lurked here from time to time, but glad to be back. lots to catch up on

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor