In which car was your driver's license test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Oldsmoletick said:
1991 Pontiac 6000 :lol: , My older siblings got to use the 78 Buick Regal, I was a few years off :rofl: .
haha, I failed a drivers test in a 6000 "LE"..... or as my dad calls 'em... GOOOLE's

but, I got my license in this...

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 459
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 457

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Took mine in my moms '95 Chevy Cavalier 4-door.
That was August 1999. I put $5 of gas in the car that nite for $1.09/gallon...
The next day I got hit on the left front by a Buick Reatta... :lol: Luckily I haven't had an accident since. *knock on wood*

upandaway84

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2011
Michigan
07ish PT cruiser. Not very fun when your too tall for the thing. Barely passed due to uncomfortably being crammed into that tin can.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I used my dad's 90 Jeep Cherokee. Got a 100% on the cone test but then failed horriblily the driving part with a 40 or 45 out of a 100. The instructor had a reputation fo failing everyone their first time. Went back the next week, got a different instuctor, got 100 out of a 100.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
joeairforce said:
Took mine in my mom's '95 G-30 12 pax van.... Biggest vehicle in the parking lot.... Should have seen the look on the testers face when THAT was the vehicle we walked up to to take my test.... :rofl:

Haha, when I took my test the second time in my dad's Dodge.. we walked outside and there's a little cavalier sitting next to it, and he walked to the pass. side of it, then I pointed to the big red diesel and he got the instant "oh sh*t, this kid is gonna kill me face"

Wish I had a "pucker meter".. becuase he sure tensed up when I lit her up and those compound turbos were screamin' at idle... "what's that noise???"... "over 1,000hp.. and enough torque to pull your house off it's foundation.... can we start the test now?".... "ummmm, yeah.. buckle your seat belt, and reverse... SLOWLY!" Once I had that plastic card in my hand I put on a nice show in the DMV lot... 8)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I believe it should be mandatory for everyone to learn how to drive a manual shift car for their driving test. Hell, anybody can drive an automatic
I took mine in my Dad's clapped-out 59' Volkswagen. The shifter was so sloppy you never quite knew what gear you were in. As luck would have it I chose 3rd instead if 1rst and stalled it immediatly. Failed right on the spot. I then used the High School's 68' Bonneville and passed. But I still drive a stick today.

Pbngem

Greasemonkey
Oct 17, 2010
1972 2 Door Malibu w/350. As I recall, it had black vinyl interior with bucket seats, floorshift automatic & hugger orange paint w/ black stripes on the hood & trunk lid (un-molested at the time-1976)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor