inner fender/ac removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
hey guys, started working on the 442 again last night, the motors pulled and am cleaning the engine bay for a good cleaning and painting. having trouble removing the passenger fenderwell and ac, the car hasnt been apart since it was assembled in 86. is there any method for removing the plastic inner fender without taking off the fender? i imagine the ac would come out easy once the inner fenders out. also trying the get the last bolt out of the driver side one, what a pain its been i didnt think it would be that much of a trip! thanks for any and all input, happy early fourth too

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I just recently pulled the passenger inner fender on my 82 Grand Prix. I used about an 18" extension. It wasnt easy to find the second bolt from the bottom in the back but I did it by braile. You are correct. It should be pretty managable to get the A/C case out once that inner fender is out.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
i didnt take a look yet today, thanks for the reply though. i was hoping it would be easier since the engine is out. funny how pulling the engine and trans and doing other stuff was easier than removing a damn piece of plastic

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I don't think it would be possible to pull just the inner fender with the engine in the car. It probably won't be easy to get that hard to reach bolt back in. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor