Installing my sbc 383 & th350

Great start you got there. Try turning the crossmember around. Is it for a Gbody with th350? The Jegs xmembers are very popular and I've used them before. Sometimes they need some finessing and the frame bolt holes can be extra tight.
Ill try that out. Was considering going with the gforce crossmember. I'll keep you updated

Reactions: SoFloG
I had used a Summit brand crossmember in my 1980 Elky and on the passenger side, even with new body bushings, the crossmember hit the floor pan. The exhaust loop on that side should be built shallower from the manufacturer. Other than that, all the holes lined up. You did put the engine mounts in the right place, right? The bottom forward hole on the mounts should be off the frame and not used.

I had used a Summit brand crossmember in my 1980 Elky and on the passenger side, even with new body bushings, the crossmember hit the floor pan. The exhaust loop on that side should be built shallower from the manufacturer. Other than that, all the holes lined up. You did put the engine mounts in the right place, right? The bottom forward hole on the mounts should be off the frame and not used.
That’s what I’m running into hitting driver side floor pan. I just ordered the gforce crossmember. Hoping that helps. Yep engine mounts set up like that

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor