Instrument gauges idiot to analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
Could usesome help with changing my idiot lights to gauges. Went over to maliburacing.com and got the color wires with the pin numbers to switch, but still don't really understand. Whats bothering me is the numbers are switched on the diagram. For example, the idiot lights #1 is orange and #18 is gray, on analog the chart says #1 is blank and #18 is orange, but the numbers are reversed reading left to right, so wouldn't #1 and #18 be the same orange. Before I start I want to make sure. I hope someone understands what I am trying to say, because it is confusing the hell out of me.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
You have to repin the connector when switching to the round gauges. When I did mine it was pretty straight forward

prico1976

Greasemonkey
Aug 15, 2010
can some explain step by step what to do when changing from idiot lights to gauges, i didnt understand that diagram from maliburacing either and i want to change my instrument cluster too. please help us. thank you.

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
No thanks but does not help. The olds cluster has two plugs, the el camino has one. That would have helped with the pin numbers because that is the other problemwith the conversion from malibu.

rusty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2010
Hey prico76 do you understand the pin connections now. If so, give me a clue do we just put the wires in the number pin as shown or are do they get reversed. Thanks

prico1976

Greasemonkey
Aug 15, 2010
pm you rusty

rusty said:
Hey prico76 do you understand the pin connections now. If so, give me a clue do we just put the wires in the number pin as shown or are do they get reversed. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor