Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
M.Bailey said:
liability on my regal... $148 a month I'm 19 and no tickets

Wow they're killing you dude... I'd try out some other companies. For that kind of payment I would at least expect uninsured or under insured motorist or collision coverage.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
kornball426 said:
M.Bailey said:
liability on my regal... $148 a month I'm 19 and no tickets

Wow they're killing you dude... I'd try out some other companies. For that kind of payment I would at least expect uninsured or under insured motorist or collision coverage.

X2 i would think maybe $50 a month $148 is alot check out some other companies.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
tc1959 said:
JC Taylor modified vehicle policy. $280 per year. $20,000 agreed value.Comp, Collision no Deductible. Car has to be garaged,and a pleasure driver only. And I am over 50 :oops:

My plan is about the same as this. My agreed value isn't as high, but I didn't need to have my car appraised or anything like that. I'll add in addition to the car having to be garaged, it also can't be my daily driver. There's a limit on miles driven per year, which you can pick a few ranges. I think mine is 3000 miles a year. My cost is a little higher IIRC, like $300 a year. I'm younger than 50

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I have Hagerty for my 85 442. I pay something like $240 a year. $13,000 agreed value. I can drive 7500 miles a year, but I actually only drive about 700 miles per. Car must be kept in a locked garage when not in use and can't be my primary vehicle (I had to show proof of insurance for my daily driver). Other than that, no restrictions.

I have a room of NOS Cutlass and Grand National parts that's probably worth way more than the car, I should probably insure that too.

I think have a clean driving record AND a well-insured daily driver will lower your cost through a Hagerty or Grundys etc.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
Hey good luck .
All of the info you got is a starting point . You got some good Insurance companies to check with . But its you state ,your area ,and your record that will decide what you pay .

I move 6 miles once further out town and My insurance went down .

Depending on state and being used as daily driver Check around look at the NON Big guy insurance . I know that even some classic insurers have policy for the average joe as long as miles r not high for yearly use .

jbracing

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2010
i live in a small town, pretty rural, in southwestern pennsylvania. it will by my DD and if i do any classic insurance or anything like that i prob wont be able to drive it because u have to be 25 for most of those....or is that just classic plates?

Pennsy86Montessguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Eastern Penn's Woods
I pay $208/year, $5k agreed value insurance. 5k miles per year, does not have to be garaged.

I am 56 yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor