interchangable parts from 4 door to 2 door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyl24

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2009
southern illinois
there is a decent 4 door cutlass in the local u pull it. it had a perfect dash so i bought it and read that it will work in my 2 door 86 cutlass. my question is what parts will interchange with these cars? what i am intersted in is the front windshield and back glass, windshield chrome trim, drivers side lower door hinge, power window guts from the doors (to convert mine to power windows) and thats it.thanks for any help

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
garyl24 said:
there is a decent 4 door cutlass in the local u pull it. it had a perfect dash so i bought it and read that it will work in my 2 door 86 cutlass. my question is what parts will interchange with these cars? what i am intersted in is the front windshield and back glass, windshield chrome trim, drivers side lower door hinge, power window guts from the doors (to convert mine to power windows) and thats it.thanks for any help

Windshield and trim is different from 2-dr's to 4-dr's and will not work. Back glass will not work either.
Door hinges DO interchange.
Not positive about the power window motors, but I imagine they would work.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Blake442 said:
garyl24 said:

Windshield and trim is different from 2-dr's to 4-dr's and will not work. Back glass will not work either.
Door hinges DO interchange.
Not positive about the power window motors, but I imagine they would work.

Window motors might but I don't think the regulators will, just a guess.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
I have a set of chrome trim for the windshield if interested... I see you are from S. IL so you cant be that far away. I'm in Madison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor