Interchangeable hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I honestly expected that he'd burned that POS to the ground by now.

Reactions: 1 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Probably should just sell it and get a regular vehicle to drive

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I made that suggestion many posts ago. He didnt take it.
1653316786218.png

• Winner

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Give it time. The wiring to the alternator is a mess. I might be totally wrong since I dont know how every GM car was wired from the factory but Ive never seen a fusible link used in any other place besides the starter. Seriously, did they put them in any other location ?

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Give it time. The wiring to the alternator is a mess. I might be totally wrong since I dont know how every GM car was wired from the factory but Ive never seen a fusible link used in any other place besides the starter. Seriously, did they put them in any other location ?
I beleive if there a fusible link to be used on the alternator it'll be placed closer to the battery if that feed comes from it. But what do I know, I'm not Google or a third party vendor try to sell on Amazon. Maybe hit other sites with the same question until you read what you what to see.

I also second burning down the car. Between the under hood & under dash "custom" wiring, it should of already been cinders.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
it should of already been cinders.
Have we considered the fact that he may be refusing to follow any of the customary methods and steps to start said fire, and thus, hasn't been able to get it to burn?

• Agree

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Have we considered the fact that he may be refusing to follow any of the customary methods and steps to start said fire, and thus, hasn't been able to get it to burn?
Never thought of that. Insure it with American Collectors for $30K and keep working on it until it ignites. Total loss, buy a nicer car. Hmmm.... :unsure:

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor