Into 79 wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARLawrence

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Oklahoma city
Just brought this home to Oklahoma from Tennessee. It's been in my family since brand new, still have the dealer order sheet for her. 79 wagon with the 200 V6. My grandma drove her till 2001 when she passed, it only had 60k on her then. Her nephew took her down to Tennessee, now he passed her on to me. I grew up in this car. She has 115 on her now.

A great start for sure. No major rust!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Whereabouts in OK?

ARLawrence

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Oklahoma city
I plan on keeping it pretty stock, just want a good driver.

Down the road I'm thinking about putting a 350 crate from jegs in it. The duel jet's already full of problems.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
It's nice to see another wagon come out of mothballs..You're getting to see less and less original cars...most nowadays, have been hot rodded, turned into racecars, etc.
However, it seems as though they need to be updated if they haven't been already. New suspension, fresh engine and trans, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
A few still turn up around here now and then. There's an older (even older than me!) feller that drives one (82/83 with wire wheel covers), and there is one for sale about a mile down the road from my work...but he wants 7K with a sedan parts car, and it really isn't very clean. And of course, my buddy still has my old blue one.

ARLawrence

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Oklahoma city
A few still turn up around here now and then. There's an older (even older than me!) feller that drives one (82/83 with wire wheel covers), and there is one for sale about a mile down the road from my work...but he wants 7K with a sedan parts car, and it really isn't very clean. And of course, my buddy still has my old blue one.

There was a couple on Craigslist. One had a riveted shark teeth paint and the other was in warr acres I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor