intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

83grandprix18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2009
im 18 with a 83 gp i got for 400 its completely stock rite now but i plan on droppin a 383 or something bigger in it depending on my income if yal dont mind im gonna be pickin your brains to find the best combo of parts n etc to get the best bang for my buck im not a complete noob but i still have alot of learnin to do

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well best bang for the buck, I would start looking for a decent used 350 Chevy. What does it have in it now?

83grandprix18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2009
it has the 305 i want to drop a 383 in it but i mite jus get a beefed up 350 instead its probably cheaper anyway im not gonna drag it yet :D i jus want something to have fun with on the streets and give all the lil civics something to be scared of

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Welcome!. Swapping a 305 for a 350 is as easy as it comes. you can use all the accessories from the 305 without a problem. First thing I would do is ditch the computer and emissions equipment. That means you'll need a non computer distributor and carburetor. An HEI from 75-80 will work. As for the carb, everyone has their opinion but I would use a 74 or older Q-jet.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Actually, if you ask me. To get the best bang for your buck, leave the motor and get a good set of gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor