New guy intro thread...

RDO23

n00b
Feb 13, 2024
Chicago
Hey there.
After wanting one for years, I've finally snagged a 1985 Monte Carlo SS.
All stock everything, 135k on the clock, and surprisingly clean for being a midwest salt-belt car.

I'm looking to purchase the BMR suspension package and wheels and tires this spring.
Can any one help with info on backspacing for these? I'd like to fit the widest rubber available.

Thanks guys!
Robert

IMG_8095.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Welcome to the forum. We have a wealth of knowledgeable people on here that should be able to help you out with your questions. Great looking Monte. Looking forward to see what you do with it in the future.

Reactions: 1 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
Welcome to the forum Robert.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, what kind of wheels and tires are you thinking of?

RDO23

n00b
Feb 13, 2024
Chicago
Thanks guys!

Minor update = BMR Suspension kit (Level 2) has been ordered.
Looking for recommendations on 4-wheel disc brake conversion kits as well... anyone?

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Welcome to a great place to find whatever it is that you seek regarding the G Body. From info to parts, it's all here.

As far as brakes go, there's multiple answers to that question and I'll leave it to those who've already performed the swap.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome to the GbodyForum!
Nice looking Monte! Looks like you have a great ride to start with. Be calculated in what you do and you’ll happy with your results. I tend to make the changes on my Malibu to look as if it were factory. Post pictures because we all love pictures.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor